Chevron believes in the Power of Human Energy and puts special emphasis on support to K-12 education, particularly in the areas of math and science. Here are some examples of our local contributions to education:
- Between 2007 - 2018, contributed over $10 million to local schools.
- In 2010, presented over $1 million in “Energy for Learning” grants to fund STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) programs at 15 South Bay area schools.
- In 2009, tripled annual donation to the El Segundo Educational Foundation and the Manhattan Beach Education Foundation.
Between 2007 - 2018, contributed over $10 million to local schools.
energy for learning
In 2010, presented over $1 million in “Energy for Learning” grants to fund STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) programs at 15 South Bay area schools.
In 2009, tripled annual donation to the El Segundo Educational Foundation and the Manhattan Beach Education Foundation.
- 24 years as founding sponsor of the Manhattan Wine Auction, which supports the Manhattan Beach Education Foundation and has raised millions of dollars for the Foundation.
- Annual student scholarships are presented to graduating high school seniors from local schools who plan to further their education in the fields of math and science. Recipients are selected based on academic performance, community service and extracurricular activities.
- Helps fund iPads for students in El Segundo and Manhattan Beach Unified School Districts.
- Helps fund computer labs at local schools throughout the South Bay to further student achievement. The computer labs are used for a variety of educational purposes including math and science class work, graphic arts and CAD student projects, library resources, and career technology education.
- Helped to establish the Oceanographic Teaching Station located at the Roundhouse Aquarium at the end of the Manhattan Beach pier to foster public interest in the oceans, tidelands, marine life and beaches of Southern California. Chevron annually funds a 3,500-gallon shark tank containing three different species of sharks, moray eels and other fish.
- Chevron nurtures and helps sustain effective K-12 STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education programs through partnerships with organizations such as the California Science Center, FRIENDS of Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, California Academy of Mathematics and Science, and the Natural History Museum Foundation.
fuel your school
Since its inception in 2010, Chevron's national Fuel Your School program has raised $43,221,084, funded 48,033 projects and benefitted 33,320 teachers at 6,099 schools.