chevron el segundo presents more than $19,000 in college scholarships to local high school students
Chevron Products Company handed out over $19,000 in scholarships to local high school students at awards ceremonies held in June.
$5,000 scholarships were awarded to Melisa Montalvo from El Segundo High School and Ryan Cosner from Mira Costa High School. Melisa and Ryan will use these funds to help towards their college tuition.
The following students also received one-time scholarships from the energy company:
- Mai Nojima, Mira Costa High
- Eric Sevilla, El Segundo High
- Luke Stevens, Redondo Union High
- Matthew Cardozo, Hawthorne High
- Augustine Dao, Hawthorne High
- Maya Zeng, Leuzinger High
- Jose Presiado, Leuzinger High
- Gloria Garcia, Lawndale High
- Adrionna Bland, Inglewood High School
- Cortni Bardier, King/Drew Magnet High of Medicine and Science
- Temidayo Adegbenro, King/Drew Magnet High of Medicine and Science
- Destiny Jackson, King/Drew Magnet High of Medicine and Science
These students were chosen based on their academic potential, with an emphasis on science and math, as well as their leadership commitment in high school and community activities.