Gasoline should only be used as an engine or appliance fuel and when specifically recommended by an engine or appliance manufacturer. Never use gasoline to wash your hands, as a cleaning solvent, or barbecue starter. You should report spills and/or accidental exposure to a service station attendant. For additional guidance on what to do, call the local Poison Control Center or Chevron Emergency Information Center (24 hours) at 800.231.0623.
You may obtain a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) by calling 800.689.3998. The MSDS provides safety and first aid information in case of eye or skin contact, inhalation, or gasoline ingestion.
For more guidelines on proper handling of motor fuel, visit the American Petroleum Institute website at www.api.org or the Petroleum Equipment Institute at www.pei.org.This is called Shelter in Place and is the best way to protect yourself and your family in the event of an accidental chemical release. This works because the outside air does not mix quickly with the air in these spaces when they are closed or sealed. Shelter in Place protects you from the most toxic vapors as the cloud passes.